The Rocks Will Cry Out!

It is amazing how God uses His creation to remind us to praise, love and worship Him! I love how He speaks to me and I love the never-ending communication that I have with such a Holy and Loving God!

As we drove to church for the evening service yesterday, I noticed that the rock walls were moist and as I took a closer look I very joyously spoke, “Look Mitch, the rocks cry out!” Water was dripping from the rock walls and it reminded me that Jesus desires we proclaim His message and as we proclaim that message of salvation that we must not leave our our praise! So praise the Lord-

Luke 19:40″I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

I know that reminders such as “rock walls crying out” is significant because there must be praise on our lips for our Living God. Not only do I personally get excited by the reminders from creation but I am encourage by the visual and vivid reminders that God loves me and speaks to me.

You may not see rock wall cry out but you may view another exciting image of God through His creation. He is the creator and He continues to speak and use the powerful aspect of creation to speak, remind us of His love, power and the importance of praise!

It is my prayer that we all look up to the heavens and praise Him today and each day. Never is there a moment that we breathe that we cannot notice what a Mighty God we must praise. It is an honor to Praise God! He desires the praises of His people!

John Chrysostom…”The angels glorify; men scrutinize: angels raise their voices in praise; men in disputation: they conceal their faces with their wings; but man with a presumptuous gaze would look into Thine unspeakable Glory.” [from Christian Quotes.org]

No related posts.

This entry was posted in Worship and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to The Rocks Will Cry Out!

1. Roxane says:

i have been looking for that scripture that refers to nature crying out for the return of Christ. Do you know which one im talking about? If so could you tell me where its at in the bible? Ive looked everywhere. I guess iam just not remembering it quite right to find it. Thanks Roxane

2. Myra says:

May God bless and Keep you today and forever! Thanks for your question-
    You may want to go to Bible Gateway and type in praise and see ALL the wonderful verses about praise! You will note other verses of creation praising Him.

Psalm 66:3-5

3 Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!
    So great is your power
    that your enemies cringe before you.

4 All the earth bows down to you;
    they sing praise to you,
    they sing praise to your name.”
    Selah

5 Come and see what God has done,
    how awesome his works in man’s behalf!

3. eTHAN says:

Is there a scripture somewhere in the bible that talks about God shutting the mouths of the enemies lions and serpents or something?? maybe i’m remembering it wrong??

4. red howell says:

i’m not sure but isn’t there someplace in the bible that say’s that if man does not praise me then the rocks shall cry out and proclaim my glory! ???

5. red howell says:

can anyone answer my question?

6. lana says:

Indeed, the rocks do cry out! Several years ago my daughter and friend returned from the Grand Canyon. As her friend was standing holding a rock in one hand to show me what they had found, a light surrounded him. I saw what looked like multi colored glitter flowing around him as he held the rock. I was stunned and the experience lasted a few minutes!

I had been listening to a worship song that included the words, “not gonna let no rocks out praise me.” And had frequently spent long periods of time worshiping God in my home santuary. But this experience really was humbling as it related to me God’s desire to worship Him as Creator.

Soon after this happened, I was given the scripture that if we do not worship Him, the rocks will. It gave me more respect for God’s creation and helped me to realize the responsibility we have as His creation, created in His image, to surrender pride and worship our Creator. Luke 19:39

7. michelle says:

Hello! I have been trying to find a verse too! I’m grateful to have come across your website and see the Luke one, but I’m positive there was another verse that talked about the rocks praising Him if we don’t- like in revelations when the remnant still won’t repent of their sins. . . Maybe I’m wrong and I’m just mixing in the Luke one, does anyone know any other verses like that?

8. hilda says:

could Romans 8:22 be the verse Roxane is looking for?

9. Kevin says:

Hilda,

I’m pretty sure it is. See the context below:

Romans 8:

19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

10. Kevin says:

Isaiah 11

1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den.

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

11. Myra says:

Yes, No doubt creation moans and groans this season of the earth! Living Proof that everything God created “Praises Him!”

12. kenneth mcpeek says:

LUKE 19:40 SAYS IT ALL.
    I BELIEVE THE EARTH IS CRYING OUT IN PRAISE,BECAUSE THE DAY OF THE LORDS RETURN IS AT HAND!!!

13. Myra says:

This verse is so powerful and is it not true we must all be ready for the day of the Lord’s return? Can anyone discuss about being ready? Sometimes I have an image in my mind how the mighty hand of God will lay heavily on the heads of everyone that has rebelled against Him and He will fold their knees and they will go down to their knees- perhaps faces and Praise Him and say- You are the King of Kings Indeed.
    The whole earth is rumbling- all creation is anticipating- even the rocks cry out!

14. Here you can HEAR the Crickets voices slowed down and singing His Praises